Wittenbergs

Wittenbergs

Monday, October 18, 2010

Due Date Come and (Almost) Gone... Pregnancy Part 2

October 18 - I am now 40 weeks pregnant.  This is the day we've been waiting for since we found out we would be having a baby back in February.  And now, at 8:48 pm, the day is drawing to a close, and still no baby! 

Well - I said in my "Pregnancy Part 1" post that I would miss being pregnant.  I take that back!!!  The first 30 weeks was GREAT!  The first 32 weeks were pretty good.  The first 34 works weren't so bad.  The last 6 weeks???  Ugh.  I am done being pregnant!!!  Nights are the worst - I cannot get comfortable, wake up frequently, and sometimes getting back to sleep is a lost cause so I get up a read a while. 

Come on Baby W!  We are ready for you!  I had an OB appointment today - nothing happening.  I go back Thursday for monitoring, and my TENTH ultrasound of this pregnancy.  If all's well, I'll be allowed to go a few more days, but if baby doesn't come by next Monday, I'm looking at an induction.

In the meantime, I figured I would chronicle the last 2 months of my pregnancy here - which will likely be my last post until our new one arrives!  Hopefully then you'll all check back in to see updates - I'll try to stay on top of it!

Here is baby's 32 week ultrasound:

And here is me at 32 weeks:


Here is baby's 34 week ultrasound:


Here are pics of the nursery, which is in our bedroom:







Here is me at 36 weeks (only one month to go!  Or so I thought...)


And the proud Daddy-to-be!





Here I am today, on my due date:


And since this is probably the last pregnant photo I'll take, what the heck - here's my big fat belly!

Now, it's just sit back, relax, and wait!  Come on baby!

(If we could only agree on a name...  This is hard!)

3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful to me!!! Pops and I are so excited that we are getting this grandbaby. You two will make fantastic parents! Don't let your midwife change your mind on the names. Go with what you agreed on, it will be great and from YOUR hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went two weeks late with #2. Good luck. They had to pry that child from my body because my body was not ready to give him up. He's been happy and healthy his life, though, so can't argue with him staying in a little longer than normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful. Can't wait to see the three of you at xmas.

    ReplyDelete