Wittenbergs

Wittenbergs

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Cooper Memorial Chapel and Tanyard Creek

I wanted to plan a day while Mom and Dad were here to just enjoy the beauty NWA has to offer.  We had a beautiful day for it too!

First we visited Cooper Memorial Chapel in Bella Vista, designed by Fay Jones at the U of A Architect School (a student of Frank Lloyd Wright).  Rod and I had attended a wedding at Thorncrown Chapel in Eureka Springs, also by him, and it was stunning; I’d never, however, visited this one, and was eager to see it!  It didn’t disappoint.

IMG_9511IMG_9512IMG_9518IMG_9520IMG_9521IMG_9523IMG_9524IMG_9526IMG_9527IMG_9528IMG_9530IMG_9533IMG_9534IMG_9535IMG_9539IMG_9542IMG_9543IMG_9543aIMG_9543bIMG_9546IMG_9546aIMG_9549IMG_9549aIMG_9554IMG_9560IMG_9561IMG_9562IMG_9563IMG_9567IMG_9569IMG_9578IMG_9579IMG_9582IMG_9584IMG_9585IMG_9586IMG_9587IMG_9589IMG_9590IMG_9593IMG_9597IMG_9598IMG_9620IMG_9621IMG_9623IMG_9626IMG_9628IMG_9635IMG_9638

Next we went to Tanyard Creek, one of our fave local places.

IMG_9649IMG_9654IMG_9656IMG_9657IMG_9668IMG_9670IMG_9675IMG_9678IMG_9683IMG_9684IMG_9685IMG_9689IMG_9690IMG_9704IMG_9709IMG_9717IMG_9718IMG_9723IMG_9734IMG_9756IMG_9757IMG_9761IMG_9762IMG_9774IMG_9777IMG_9782IMG_9787IMG_9791IMG_9795IMG_9798IMG_9799IMG_9802IMG_9803

Finally, we had a great supper at Petit Bistro, a neat old farmhouse that’s been converted to a restaurant.  Somehow I didn’t end up with a single photo from the place…  Mom?  I know we took some…??

Legos before bed.

IMG_9804

No comments:

Post a Comment