Wittenbergs

Wittenbergs

Monday, September 2, 2013

Treasure collage and finger painting

Charley's friend Layla gave her a basket for her birthday (early present) - it has become her "treasure basket".  So, whenever she finds outdoor treasures (pinecones, feathers, leaves, rocks) they go into her treasure basket.  It is overflowing!  We've started a collage, and sometimes we pull it out and she glues a few more of her treasures onto it...  we usually only get 2, maybe 3 items on in a session, so it's a slow process - definitely not emptying the basket faster than she's filling it!


We made finger paint once before - I wasn't happy with the results.  I had 2 more recipes I wanted to try, so - we tackled the easier of the 2.  I think it turned out well - and she had fun painting Dave (the campground host) a thank-you card for the doll he brought her earlier in the day.  Now we just have to take it to him!



No comments:

Post a Comment