Wittenbergs

Wittenbergs

Monday, October 17, 2011

Grandpa's Visit

Rod's dad came to visit in September for the second time since we've lived in Ruby Valley, but the first time since Charley's been born.  We had a GREAT time!


At the airport:



Around the house:


Grandpa spent a LOT of time playing with me - with a ball, or whatever I wanted!

Grandpa took these - great pics!



We spent some time in the sunshine



and spent some time inside...

He'd sit with me as long as I wanted!  This was a favorite activity, checking out the fountain.


I took my first steps holding his hands!


I liked to show him my books too!
We always try to take our company to do something fun.  We took Grandpa on a train ride in Ely!  (We tried to convince him we'd bought him a skydiving package - he didn't buy it).  


On the way, we saw more wild horses than we've ever seen - so much for the roundup clearing them out!  (I still need to post on that experience- soon to come).




We had a great time!  Charley enjoyed it so much more than I'd have expected!  She had to point at EVERYTHING!!!






















After we finished on the train, we went for a hike in Cave Lake S.P.  




And finally, one day we went up to Franklin Lake just to see what we'd see.  We've taken Charley on birding outings before, but I count his as her first birding trip, as she was looking and pointing at the birds!  So cool!  Her first?  White-faced Ibis (not counting the hummingbirds on our feeders and Brewer's Blackbirds in the yards she's been watching for some time.)









1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious. Hannah can identify plants. Sadly, better than some of Travis's Plant Tax students. Occupational hazard.

    ReplyDelete