Wittenbergs

Wittenbergs

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Festival Season

Fall is for Festivals!

First, we went to Tinkerfest at the Amazeum.  By the way...  best gift ever!!!  We really got our use out of our 1 year Amazeum family membership, it was GREAT!!!  Thanks again!











 Do you think this kid is in heaven?  ;)


Then, came the Hobbs State Park Fall Festival.















 They got to press then drink apple cider.



 This family got a kick out of Reed showing them a caterpillar.



















Then, I checked Charley out of school one day to attend the Insect Festival.  This event only happens once every 2 years, and when I was teaching at HHA, the entomology prof at the U of A who organizes the event spoke to my students, and I took them to this festival.  I knew it would be great!






 This kid wanted to touch everything!  Must've touched 6 different species of roaches!


 A scorpion!

 See it glowing under the blacklight?
 Tarantula exoskeletons.


 "Field of cotton"


 Bumblebee races!




 Aquatic insects





 Reed's very favorite thing.  While C ran off to find her friends Emily and Brendan, Reed stood mesmerized for quite some time!

 The lady finally got it down for him to touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment