Wittenbergs

Wittenbergs

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Christmas #1 - Christmas in Ruby Valley

Before our big holiday vacation, we had business to take care of - Christmas here at home!  


I snapped a few pics of her in front of our tree, all dressed up, before heading to the community center - Santa is coming!






As expected - Santa is as scary as Smokey the Bear.  Hurry Dad, snap it quick!


Poor Santa looks thrilled huh?  Can you blame him?  Each kid went up one at a time to sit on his lap, tell him what they wanted for Christmas, and get a gift.  We must've been the 150th kid he saw.  Seriously, where did all these kids come from?


A couple of nights before leaving for MO, we had our gift opening.







A pounding peg set!  YEAY!  Now I can bang for real!




What our dogs did while we opened gifts:






It's BUCKY!!!!!


Blocks!  Yes!



Ambre got C this cute outfit.











C loves her shape sorter.






A talking book!


Pat and Sarah got her this for her b-day - I held it back a tad until Christmas as she already had so much for the birthday opening.  GREAT gift!  She loves pink bunnies, sleeps with them, and THIS one is organic and of natural dyes.



What a haul!  I wanted her to have some classic kid toys, and many of these were mine or procured from a thrift shop.  Hopefully they'll be tons of educational fun!  How quickly "stuff" accumulates though, with a kid.  I am worried she'll become spoiled...   how to prevent it?


Checking out her loot...

Got it all put away - not that that will last long!





No comments:

Post a Comment